Monday, December 15, 2008

Eliminate the conscious mind

Do that, and everything should be alright.

When we over think, over analyze, especially as we are in the midst of an activity (like life, for example) then we gum up the works. We pull ourselves rudely out of the flow.

When we disengage the conscious mind, we begin to feel the right, natural progression of events that is there, available for all of us, if only we'll simply "be", taking the ride as it was intended.

My hands shake at times. Not really advancing age, I don't think, because they've done so for years, even when I was a young boy. But now, when I focus on breathing, deep into the lungs, into the belly, breath all the way down into my toes as I was once instructed in Tae Kwon Do, then my body calms, the shakes dissipate and disappear. As I enter the flow, the battle between my conscious mind and the inevitability of life as it really is ceases, and that battle is, I believe, the source of the tension that runs riot in my nervous system, shaking my hands.

The universe is infused with energy . . . check that . . . the universe IS energy. Breath that in all the way down to your toes and I think you will like the result, brothers and sisters!

No comments: