Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why dogs?


I'm quite fond of all things canine.

I've lived with dogs repeatedly throughout my life, and I find them quite engaging, really.

Perhaps the truth lies closer to "class envy". I feel somehow cheated by the universe as I watch a dog. Eat, sleep, trot about perchance to bark. Wag the tail. Have a treat. Sleep some more.

A zen existence.

One that I envy.

A thought has occurred to me from time to time, that trees and other plants are far more highly evolved than humans. They no longer need to scurry about the planet, fighting and arguing and suffering. They take sustenance from the sun, air and soil, they grow tall and strong, supporting themselves with nary an assist, and they live for literally hundreds and hundreds of years.

I think the dog is closer to the tree than me.

I hereby resolve to nap more, worry less, and to wag my tail.

2 comments:

Leah McDowell said...

Nicely put :D

william said...

Thanks (he said, with a wag of his tail :^)